Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Sneak Peek at "The Southern Slow Cooker" Cookbook

Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash with Molasses Glaze from The Southern Slow Cooker
So, the final edits for The Southern Slow Cooker: Big-Flavor, Low-Fuss Recipes for Comfort Food Classics are nearly done and a release date for the book is set for August 20, 2013. I'm excited to report that you can now pre-order the book for a reduced price on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Overstock, to name a few. It seems this book thing is really happening!

Now that I have a little breathing room from writing, editing, testing, writing, editing and testing again, I thought I'd give you guys a little preview of where all of this hard work is headed. In addition to 60-plus Southern-inspired slow cooker recipes, I've added some bonus ones, from homemade biscuits and relishes to second day meals (as in what to do with all of those leftovers kinda thing) along with beer, wine and cocktail pairings (with recipes kindly donated by professional mixologists). 

All in all, I think the book is pretty darned fun, and I really hope you'll like it. In the meantime, I've compiled a few photos that I snapped with my iPhone (I am an admitted Instagram junkie) while recipe testing for the book to whet your appetite a bit. Stay tuned for more updates and announcements as they come.

Happy slow cooking everyone,
Kendra
Slow Cooker Hot Dog Chili makes for a divine slaw dog.
Slow Cooker Shrimp Creole
Slow Cooker Country Ham Bread Pudding done up red-eye gravy-style
Slow Cooker N.C. BBQ (Eastern-style!)
Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas and Stewed Tomatoes


©2013 Fatback and Foie Gras. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I am too hungry right now to be viewing those pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggi! Food to comfort the soul, right?

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have yet to make that chili. I need to put that on the calendar! Everything is looking yummy for my tummy!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tim and let me know how that chili turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...