Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm a Little Bit Country and I'm a Little Bit Rock 'n Roll

So, I went into this kicking and screaming like a six year old at the tail end of an all-day birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. But, I'm here, joining the ranks of the other 8 million food and travel bloggers floating around the blogosphere who share their thoughts, forays and recipes on everything from henna and paneer tapas to crap no sane human being should ever put in their mouth. It's a crowded room, the internet, overrun with "experts" of all shapes and sizes, but I hope to find my place among this holy mess while sharing what I love: food, travel and more food.
As I mentioned in my opening post when I was blogging for Gadling, my food mantra falls somewhere between cheesy grits and Chateaubriand, chili dogs and boudin, or my fav dichotomous entertainers, Donnie and Marie. My familial roots hail proudly from the coalfields of West Virginia where brown beans and cornbread are king and suppers are accented with sweet tea and tall glasses of buttermilk. Yet, I can't step away from the finer things in life (perhaps it's that Taurus in me) and relish the opportunity to enjoy a three-course lunch with bottles of Bordeaux, steak frites and grilled crevettes.
So, there you have it-- bookends, because oftentimes life is neither paper napkins nor white tablecloths, but an amalgamation of both, at least for me. In the meantime, I hope you'll join me at the table and on the road as I seek to straddle the gray line that lies somewhere between fatback and foie gras. Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. That lunch looks so wonderful. And great fun to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neighborhood between "fatback and foie gras"is one I'd move to in a second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!! Welcome to blogland! I'm linking to ya and hope to be back often! ;-) Can' wait to see whatcha got cookin' for us!

    (a.k.a Donna Barbie!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want some brown beans and cornbread. Good stuff! Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I think we're gonna have a lot of fun here. Looking forward to sharing some great recipes, cooking ideas as well as plenty of foodie travel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can so relate to you, and your title. Just last night I had my book club at my house. We used plastic plates with sterling forks. Nice wine and food all from costco (many of the women in my book club are quite the chefs - I find it easier just to cop out in a big way - but hey, it works.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...